Lots of work still going around the equipment pit. The pond digger has undone some of the old concrete and poured some new concrete to accommodate the moving bed filter in a different spot. Since the equipment area is going to be a busy zone, we dug up the plants. The pond digger tries to be very careful but moving 30 x 60 pound bags of concrete uphill is tiring. Maneuvering around the plants becomes a little obstacle course…and a few always get stepped on 😦 Digging up the plants is always a little problematic because I often forget to water them. So today I decided to use the plants to make a little corner garden.
Another fun thing we did today was to play with the koi. We bowled most of them to take a closer look. Most of them seem pretty relaxed and healthy. The pond digger changed out the weighted air hoses to an aerator on top of the retro bottom drain. Since the temperature of the water is warmer, moving more water is really not a problem for the koi. We certainly need more movement to keep up with the increased waste.
The pond digger has also been busy making some weights for the upper pond diffusers. Note it required the use of concrete – the love affair with concrete continues.
At the end of the day, a wild turkey came by to check out our work 😉